Castle "Mespelbrunn" with new sphere.
High-oval sphere (2-piece) made of copper with bead.
D.500 x d.465/460 x 500 mm high x 1.5 mm insert wall thickness, including circumferential visible bead on both half-shell parts.
New spinning machine for powerful tasks
At Jakob Hommel Metalldrückerei, the machine park was expanded to include a Leifeld SC 316 S high-performance spinning machine in order to meet the product portfolio of massive tasks on the part of our clientele.
- Main spindle drive of 58 KW with multi-stage ZF transmission
- Shaping in the circular blank diameter range up to max. 1600 mm
- Tip width up to max. 2100 mm
- Multi-cavity turret and BAE technology available
- Molding capacities of various material grades (factory specification).
- Aluminum up to 15 mm
- Sheet steel up to 12 mm
- Stainless steel up to 10 mm
With this "power machine", we complete the range of our spinning manufacturing capabilities to include the area of "molded parts in higher insert wall thicknesses"
It can be pressed better without chlorine-containing additives
We have improved our manufacturing process by using chlorine-free lubricants.
Metal spinning company Hommel primarily processes stainless steel, but also aluminum, steel, copper and now and then more exotic materials such as niobium. From small to large diameters with a maximum of 3000 mm and insert wall thicknesses of a few tenths of a millimeter to solid sheets, almost the entire range of today's metal spinning is covered. The shaping of metal spinning not only requires a great deal of experience, but is also technically demanding: defects in the surface, or wrinkles in the workpiece, are quickly found.
"The finish of the surface is becoming increasingly important for us, as customer requirements are becoming permanently more demanding," reports Karl Heinz Hof, the company's production foreman. "Then you really need a very good forming shear material to meet this, and we have found it."
Read the full press article "Pressing better without chlorine-containing additives"
Best German Country youth craftsman 2016
Best German Country youth craftsman 2016 in metal spinning technique
Winner Florian Hommel is a good example for the future potential of our training.
Hommel focuses on the future and supports the job profile of metalworkers (m/f). Delegation from the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training visits Hommel
At the end of September 2015, a 20-strong delegation from the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (BIBB) of Bonn visited our company, mandated by the Federal Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF). They learned all about rotationally symmetric reforming with metal spinning technology to get an overview of the status of our jobs and training. As currently the Federal Ministry has commissioned a new reform of vocational training for a metalworker specialising in metal spinning, this appointment was an important instrument for opinion-forming among the experts and coordinators.
The following participants were represented:
- Expert employers and employees from the metalworking field
- Coordinator from ZDH (the Central Confederation of German Skilled Trades ), Berlin
- Coordinator from the leadership of the trade union IG Metall, Frankfurt
- Federal technical instructors / Federal Specialised Courses Committee
- Coordinator from the Federal Ministry for Education and Research, Bonn
- Coordinator from the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy, Bonn
- Coordinator from the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training, Bonn
- Coordinating Association of German Industry for Vocational Training
HOMMEL worldwide present. At home in Überkingen!
Design-disc ceiling panels for architectural design of a modern car park in Sao Paulo Brazil.
Car park / Sao Paulo / Brazil
- Material Aluminium EN AW-1050A
- Disk size DN 1400 x 100 mm high x 2.0 mm ESW (ESW = insert wall thickness)
- Quantity 720 pieces
Hommel Blechexpo Germany
Here you will find the latest information about our company and our services. We're looking forward to new challenges.
Education pyramid 2012
The Chamber of Stuttgart awarded the Jakob Hommel GmbH ceremony, educationpyramid 2012, for the district of Göppingen. Click here for more information.
Best German youth craftsman 2011 in metal spinning technique
Winner Fabian Hommel is a good example for the future potential of our training. Read more about the success and the right engagement in Suedwest Presse and Stuttgarter Zeitung.
Hommel in the trade press
An article about welding, cutting and bending. Günter Hommel, a Managing Director of Jakob Hommel Metalspinning GmbH in Bad Ueberkingen is used to explain his profession.
Read the full article Hommel Metalldrückerei forms
Stefan Raab is also a self-confessed Hommel fan.
Why does this cooperation UNUSUAL read here.